This weekend, Philly saw the first snow of the season. And I don’t know about you, but my favorite snowy day activity is to curl up with a mug of hot cocoa and a good book. This past Saturday didn’t disappoint!
Snow days aside, since having Ellie, I’m reading less than I used to. Running after a toddler keeps you busy! But since the best way to raise a reader is to model reading, I’m trying to be more intentional about picking up a book instead of my phone when she’s watching. It seems to be working – she’s been picking up her own books and sitting quietly to flip through them…or bringing them over for me to read to her. My heart melts whenever she runs over saying, “Mama, BOOK!”
Here’s what I’ve been reading so far this month:
3. Non-fiction about the first women’s air race across America. (Born to Fly)
4. The second book in a YA series about badass mad-max style lady pirates. (Steel Tide)
5. A beautiful edition of one of my childhood favorites, spread out over a few bedtimes. (The Velveteen Rabbit)
6. The audiobook sequel to of one of my all-time favorite YA Urban Fantasy books. (Shadowhouse Fall)
7. The MG graphic novel superhero story by one of my all-time favorite authors. (Black Canary)
What I’m looking for next:
- A swoony historical romance
- A twisty YA mystery set in a small town
- The perfect, funny bedtime book for Ellie
Any recommendations? What have you been reading?